Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why I Love What I Do

I know it has been a few months since my last post. I'll do my best to get better at this. I recieved a message this morning prompting this post.

This past weekend I had opportunity to work with a reletively new model. I had been coming out of a slow period business wise and had recently got a message from her expressing interest in working together. It was only a short time into photographing this young woman I saw a vast amount of talent. Very relaxed, and flowing in motion, but also spontaneous and lively. After a few hours and around 800+ photos we called it a wrap.

In the time going through and sorting the images I do as I normally would for any new model. I sent a couple follow up messages giving feedback on her work, tips and advice on photography/modeling and a couple of leads for continued work.

This morning I received this message:

"You are an excellent photographer and you help each model see the beauty, not only skin deep, but the beauty within themselves. You have given me confidence on a whole different level and I appreciate all the hardwork and help you have and will put into me! I honestly could not thank you enough! :)"

And this is why I love what I do. The opportunity to work with someone with talent and enthusiasm is a big part of my art. Meeting new people from all different backgrounds and careers gives a whole new perspective to what I do. And no matter what background people have on set they become an artist. On set things become a fluid dance of movement between model and photographer with breaks of laughter.

For some people is a freee expression of art, for others it's a time for self discovery; but no matter their reasoning from their talent and expression we make art. A snapshot frozen in time of those emotions.

I've gotten the oppotunity to work with a lot of great ladies and guys doing this and every once in a while I find these people, who change the game and inspire me to continue moving onward and upward. So thank you very much to all of you. I appreciate all your talents, skills and words of encouragement.


--------------

And for all the readers and other supporters thank you too.

I'll hopefully be back this weekend with a new post on Summer Fashion.

Cheers,

-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment