Thursday, March 24, 2011

Return of Fashionable Fruit

A while back you may remember a mini set I posted with the lovely Lonna who was wearing fruit as jewelry. While it was a wonderful set, it just wasnt complete. So about a month or so after that shoot we decided to add more to the project.

I needed something brighter, more fun. So for the first look we tried Yellow with Starfruit and Lemon



I really liked the look of  both but the lemon seemed to be more vesatile and fun.



We played around with some earrings made of lemon peel.


And at the suggestion of her boyfriend we even took a few shots of her eating the lemon. (she wasn't too fond of that one)
Overall I'm very happy with the look. The brightness of the yellow matched her top. And this helped give a more casual commercial look to the photo as opposed to the more high fashion style look we had with the blueberry and kiwi. For both the lemon and starfruit I kept the jewelry aspect very minimal using just the black satin ribbon as a choker/necklace. The simplicity and contrast works very well in my opinion. For the make up the subtle yellow helps accent the fruit but not take focus away. Yellow can be a very harsh color but I think this blends quite nicely.

The next look we moved on to something bold. Red is such a strong color and there were so many options. Unfortunately cherries were out of season so I went with my second choice (and probably my favorite fruit) Strawberries.


For the strawberry we went back to the artistic and fashion style like the first series. I love the pose that shows off the natural conture of the body. The idea of natural forms works very well in a series focusing on fruit. Like the yellow we kept the make up minimal but the rose color really pops quite well.


This second photo really shows the almost mask like effect with the eye make up and the subtle graduation of color. Also I particilarly like the grouping of strwberries in her hands.

After completing this set of photos I created a cologe of the four looks, one from each color.


I absolutely loved working on this series. It was a very fun creative process. Lonna was so great to work with and both Olivia and Nicole did great jobs on make up. 

My next series I'll be talking about is a vintage pin-up series I've been working on. Look for another post in a few days featuring that. Also Look for an upcoming post on Summer fashion: Beach Wraps.

Have a great day,

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment